You're Going to Love This Kid!: Teaching Students with Autism in the Inclusive Classroom, Second Edition
Forward by Eugene Marcus
This book is written for teachers and gives lots of strategies for including kids with autism in the inclusive classroom and teaching them within the framework of the regular curriculum.
Thousands of educators have turned to this book for fresh ways to welcome and teach students with autism and now, the book teachers trust is fully revised and more practical than ever.
Gathering feedback from teachers across the country during her popular workshops, autism expert Paula Kluth targeted this second edition to the specific needs of today's primary- and secondary-school educators.
Still packed with the ready-to-use tips and strategies that teachers are looking for, the new edition gives readers:
- dozens of NEW photocopiable forms, checklists, and planning tools that make it easy for teachers to implement the suggested strategies;
- photos of curricular adaptations, sensory supports, and classroom scenes;
- thoroughly revised and updated chapters on today's hottest topics: improving literacy, implementing positive behavior support, and collaborating effectively with families;
- larger 8.5 x 11 format, so the book is easier to read and photocopy study guide with challenging discussion questions for each chapter-perfect for pre- and in-service professional development and book clubs;
- new ideas throughout the book based on the latest research on autism, inclusion, literacy, and behavior Readers will also get updates on all of the other topics covered in the first edition, including fostering friendships, building communication skills, planning challenging and multidimensional lessons, and adapting the curriculum and the physical environment.
And with the new first-person stories from people with autism and their teachers and parents, readers will have a better understanding of students on the spectrum and how to include them successfully.
A book teachers will keep forever for creative ideas and inspiration, this new edition ... is the ultimate practical guide to including students with autism, teaching them effectively and sensitively, and appreciating the gifts they bring to the classroom.
Source: Brookes Publishing